Rickisms #1

Rick Wenger, my father-in-law, is a great guy. He has always been very helpful and has become like a father to me. He also talks like he lives in the 1950s and that is pretty awesome. On any given day he'll use an idiom or phrase that I have never heard of in my life. And I'm not the only one, sometimes not even Rosalie (his wife) knows what he meant. So, recently whenever he would mention something that sounded like it was used as slang 50 years ago, I took out my Blackberry and made a note of it.


Also, there are some expressions that are still used currently, but because I grew up in Miami (which is basically Cuba), I have never heard of them before. So, I give you the first set of Rickisms. Enjoy!

Rickisms

-Out in the toolies: In the middle of nowhere, or empty space. Example, We are out in the toolies now!

-Gully washer: A real heavy rain. Example, Looks like we beat them gully washers.

-Frizzle cat: Someone who gets cold very easily. Example, Israel, you are a frizzle cat.

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

2 Responses to Rickisms #1

  1. I LOVE RICK!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh, this is the best post idea ever. I like "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." If it makes you feel better, I've never heard any of these idioms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I'm glad you like it Trish! And yeah, Rick is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.